Pesticides Sicken Peruvian Workers

On Tuesday, nearly 400 farm workers in Peru became sick after inhaling pesticides sprayed on a nearby field, CNN reports. The chemical was sprayed just hours before the workers arrived, and after breathing the fumes they became ill with dizziness, vomiting and pain. Most were discharged from the hospital Tuesday after receiving treatment. For the full story, click here.

This story illustrates that pesticides have a strong impact, especially on the workers who must do their jobs near such harsh chemicals. By eating organic, you are supporting organic farmers and helping workers to avoid handling pesticides. This takes those chemicals out of the equation completely – so you don’t eat them, farmers don’t handle them and the environment doesn’t have to absorb them. It’s a win-win-win situation.

Thanks for supporting organic.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s